Attorney Richard Santalesa and the Sm@rtEdgeLaw Group were highlighted in a short Fierce Data article on “How to draft big data contracts.” Contracting for big data services and the issues surrounding onboarding and combination of consumer data, whether “anonymized” or not, from third party sources is neither a trivial matter, nor a mere extension of existing data analysis in most cases. An entire range of issues and regulatory regimes frequently need to be considered – and addressed.
- SmartEdgeLaw Quoted on NYDFS Final Cybersecurity Regulations 03/21/2017
- FTC Issues New Data Breach Response Guidance For Businesses 10/26/2016
- Sm@rtEdgeLaw NYDFS CyberRegs Summary Highlighted and Republished 10/18/2016
- New Cloud Computing Guidance From Health & Human Services’ OCR 10/16/2016
- Proposed cybersec regulations for New York financial institutions have a broad reach 09/30/2016
- Cybersecurity Regulations Issued by NYS Dept of Financial Services 09/19/2016