In the past two weeks we’ve reviewed proposed amendments or new data breach notification statutes from nearly a dozen states, including, Wyoming, Connecticut, Oregon, Hawaii, North Dakota, Montana, New York, and the data breach holdouts of New Mexico and Alabama. Stay tuned for our summaries. In short, though, AG notification is coming big time.
- SmartEdgeLaw Quoted on NYDFS Final Cybersecurity Regulations 03/21/2017
- FTC Issues New Data Breach Response Guidance For Businesses 10/26/2016
- Sm@rtEdgeLaw NYDFS CyberRegs Summary Highlighted and Republished 10/18/2016
- New Cloud Computing Guidance From Health & Human Services’ OCR 10/16/2016
- Proposed cybersec regulations for New York financial institutions have a broad reach 09/30/2016
- Cybersecurity Regulations Issued by NYS Dept of Financial Services 09/19/2016